[racket] Racket Salon Boston February Meet-Up

From: Daniel King (daniel.zidan.king at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 23:48:16 EST 2014

Terribly sorry for the late notice! Things have been hectic. Please
note that we're not at NU this time, we're up at Harvard!

The third meeting of Racket Salon Boston will be held on Thursday February 20th,
2014 at 7pm in Cambridge at Harvard University, Maxwell Dworkin Room 119 (which
is on the second floor). A Google maps link for your convenience:
https://goo.gl/maps/u6CUO.

We're looking for one more speaker this month and speakers for future months to
share with us their stories of Racket hacks, frustrations, and joys. If you're
interested in sharing some wisdom, please contact me!

If you know you'll attend, we would love an RSVP! Nonetheless, don't skip out
just because you haven't RSVP'ed in advance!

The confirmed talks are:

 - Mimi Lin will discuss a 3D version of the current How to Design Programs
   Image and Universe library (2htdp/image and 2htdp/universe); which are
   commonly used in courses based off the ProgramByDesign project.

 - Scott Moore will discuss Shill; a secure shell language built in/on Racket.

Racket Salon Boston is a meet up for folks interested in Racket and
functional programming. Each meeting consists of a couple talks,
chit-chat, and a group outing for dinner.

The atmosphere is open to people of all skill levels and interests. We
are eager to meet students, professionals, hobbyists, and other
interested individuals!

We're looking for speakers for future meetings to share with us their

--
Dan King