[racket] lists and pg-arrays

From: George Neuner (gneuner2 at comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 21:03:02 EST 2014

Hi all,

Using 6.0.1.   I just painfully discovered that

    (pg-array->list (list->pg-array (list)))
    => ERROR
    pg-array->list: expected argument of type <pg-array of dimension 1>;
given: (pg-array 0 '() '() '#())

The documentation for  list->pg-array  states that it produces an array
of dimension 1.  However, if you pass an empty list, you get back an
array of dimension zero which you then can't transform back to a list [
except by going straight to the internal vector ].

My question is, "shouldn't these conversions be symmetric?"   I
understand  an array with no elements is meaningless as an array, but
Postgresql (ab)uses arrays as substitutes for lists and sets, so an
empty array does have meaning.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
George