[racket] on contract violation after adding 1471 strings to a BST

From: Daniel Bastos (dbastos at toledo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 8 08:31:47 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> Warning: you switched from a teaching language to full Racket.
> The former would have caught this mistake, which is why we
> designed them for HtDP. Racket is for grown-up parenthesis
> eaters -- who want the behavior of cond that you just experienced,
> or so I am told. -- Matthias

Is it possible to use the beginning-student-with-list-abbreviation language
from a REPL inside the GNU EMACS?

I copied the prelude that DrRacket adds when I save a
beginning-student-language file with it and ran it with racket. I get

%racket beginner.rkt
cond: all question results were false
  context...:
   /home/dbastos/public_html/rkt/beginner.rkt: [running body]
%

(Very nice.) But I'm unable to run the prelude inside the REPL. That'd be
this passage below.

#reader(lib "htdp-beginner-reader.ss" "lang")((modname bst)
(read-case-sensitive #t) (teachpacks ()) (htdp-settings #(#t constructor
repeating-decimal #f #t none #f ())))

After #reader, it seems to always expect more and more input. So my
strategy didn't work for the REPL.