[racket] Some MPI code

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Mon Sep 30 17:06:15 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry Grant, I don't understand what you mean. Is it a basic starting
> point on what? It looks to me like it tries to do the same thing as
> the OpenMPI package:
>
> https://pkg.racket-lang.org/info/openmpi
>
> But I'm not sure. Is there something else it does? Is the openmpi
> package insufficient in some way for you?

Sorry I wasn't very detailed on the overview

A few years ago I wanted to do a proof of concept for how it might
look to teach MPI using PLT Scheme rather than C (which is generally
just fine but for most of the students it was an obstacle). Pretty
sure that you helped me out with the bindings or some other kind soul
did.

What I ended up building was a basic, full and complete example do a
kind of hello-world type app with PLT Scheme and MPI that someone
could run on a cluster to see it all working with helper shell scripts
and everything.

If the bindings had been complete way back then and my deadline not so
near then I would have cut over my example. I forgot about the whole
thing and unearthed it recently, and just wanted to share a full,
basic, working example. Wasn't my intent to say openmpi isn't good and
useful.

Posted on the users mailing list.