[racket] DrRacket right-click menu fragility in Linux - back again

From: bhrgunatha (bhrgunatha at hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 03:41:52 EDT 2013

I'm having a problem with pop-up menus disappearing immediately from the
editor in DrRacket under linux. This is the same as the original problem
reported in Nov 2011 [1] - is this a regression problem? Or is it
triggered by something new?

I remember suffering from this in the past, but it was fixed. But the
exact same problem has returned for me.

Arch Linux 64 bit:
Linux 3.11.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux

DrRacket 5.3.6.
(I'm using the binary package from Arch, but had the same problem with a
version I compiled myself)

I can't see anything consistent causing the problem. It just seems like
it occurs randomly.

Editing in DrRacket has become very unpleasant in recent months for me
:( [2]

Can anyone offer any help to fix this problem?
Bhrgunatha.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.racket.user/14710/focus=17669

[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.racket.user/19549/focus=19555

Posted on the users mailing list.