[racket] net/http-client

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 14:58:02 EDT 2013

> For these reasons, I think http-client should just return the list of
> bytes. I think it would be nice to have another function that parses
> that so clients could optionally call it if it is important. That can
> be part of http-client.

I agree. Although I usually find it much more convenient/clear to deal
with HTTP headers as a `dict`, it should probably be an optional layer
on top of the bytey reality.

FWIW here's what I've been using in some real-world (if not
"industrial strength") apps:

  https://github.com/greghendershott/http/blob/master/http/head.rkt

Caveats:
- There are some simplifying assumptions.
- It's the accretion of what I've found useful.
- This is some of my older Racket code. I'd probably write some of it
differently now. But I'll leave it be since someone of Jay's caliber
is about to do something in this area and for Racket itself. ;)

Posted on the users mailing list.