[racket] How to get a pict-box into a slideshow?

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Tue Sep 17 08:56:34 EDT 2013

Stephen Chang writes:

 > > But I liked the idea of a way to do manual positioning in cases where
 > > esthetics matter more than functional relationships between items.
 >
 > Does ppict do what you want?

ppict looks interesting, but it seems to address a different issue:
creating animations from picts.

Matthew Flatt writes:

 > Agreed, but if you want to play with them anyway, you can set the
 > PLTPICTBOX environment variable (to anything) before starting DrRacket
 > to enable the "Inset Pict Box" menu item.

Thanks, that works indeed! But I am beginning to see why this is
disabled by default: DrRacket hangs quickly when I insert a pict box
and try to do something with it.

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.