[racket] Evaluating code written in non-SEXP language

From: Dmitry Pavlov (dpavlov at ipa.nw.ru)
Date: Fri Sep 13 10:56:08 EDT 2013

Matthew,

> I think the problem may be that "#lang" is triggering a search for
> `slon/main` before falling back to `slon/lang/reader`, and since no
> `slon/main` is embedded, the attempt looks for a "slon" collection. The
> "#lang" search continues as it should when an "slon" collection is
> found and no "main.rkt" exists, but it doesn't fail correctly when an
> "slon" collection is missing.
>
> So, one more experiment: If you make a dummy "slon/main.rkt" and also
> add it with `++lib`, does it change anything?

Yes it changes everything!

$ raco exe ++lib slon/slon-language ++lib slon/lang/reader ++lib
slon/main slon-main.rkt
$ raco distribute slon-distr slon-main

and I have a working distribution now. Thank you so much!

(having some issues with sqlite though, but maybe it is not
raco's fault--I will explore further and report if I can
not fix it)

Regards,

Dmitry

Posted on the users mailing list.