[racket] Pkg install error

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 8 10:06:46 EDT 2013

>> Let me try downloading some older package as an experiment.

OK so the package I picked as a test is "bcrypt" because it looks both
small and interesting.

With Racket 5.3.5 (happened to be set as my default version when I tried):

$ raco pkg install bcrypt
The following packages are listed as dependencies, but are not
currently installed:
base
Would you like to install them via your package indices? [Yn] n
raco pkg install: missing dependencies
  missing packages:
   base

It prompted me to install "base" as a dependency. For 5.3.5. Really,
the "main-distribution" package, "base" --- doesn't 5.3.5 already have
the equivalent of "base"?

That didn't seem right, so I chose "n".

If I had chosen "Y", would a "base" package have been installed for 5.3.5?

Posted on the users mailing list.