[racket] a problem with image.rkt teachpack

From: Elena Machkasova (elenam at morris.umn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 6 22:29:59 EDT 2013

Good evening,

this may've come up before, but I looked through the last few messages
and did a bit of searching, and couldn't find anything about this
problem. My apologies if this is already a known issue.

When DrRacket is installed, it comes with 3 pre-installed teachpacks,
including image.rkt. However, image functions (rotate, square, etc) are
undefined. Installing the teachpack from the middle column in the "add
teachpack" list fixes the issue.

However, if the user then tries to add the teachpack and happens to
click on it in the first column, they get an error message "module:
identifier already imported from a different source". The solution that
seems to work then is to clear both teachpacks and then install the one
in the middle column.

This behavior takes place for both Racket 5.3.4 and 5.3.6, for Windows
and Linux (Fedora 18). I don't know if it's happening on a Mac as well.

If there is a plan to fix it in the next release, could you let me know?
We might wait a couple of weeks to upgrade our lab to 5.3.6 is we can
get an upgrade with this issue fixed.

Many thanks!

Elena
University of Minnesota, Morris