[racket] Generics: implemented methods not inherited?

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 6 10:54:17 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-06 16:38:56 +0200, Laurent wrote:
>    Is there a way to inherit methods from a parent struct?
>    If I'm not mistaken, it's not what #:defaults and other keywords are for.

This is currently not possible, which is a bug/limitation of generic
interfaces and not a design feature.

The issue is that the underlying struct property feature we use doesn't
allow us to inspect the parent property value. We're thinking of ways to
get around this (possibly by improving struct properties), but haven't
implemented anything yet.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.