[racket] Error when they use "programmatic" pkg

From: Ryan Newton (rrnewton at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 13:27:41 EDT 2013

Here's the reproducer:

(require pkg)
(install "github://github.com/iu-c211/c211-libs/master")

The error comes in the documentation building phase, for example:

link: bad variable linkage;
 reference to a variable that has the wrong procedure or structure-type
shape
  reference phase level: 0
  variable module:
"/Applications/Racket_v5.3.6_new/collects/racket/list.rkt"
  variable phase: 0
  reference in module:
"/Applications/Racket_v5.3.6_new/collects/racket/bytes.rkt" in:
add-between11.1

This happens to me on my Mac, but Sam TH just reproduced it for me on
Ubuntu with a fresh Racket 5.3.6 install.

What would be great would be a quick recipe for healing the installation
after this occurs, because right now, that error above is sticky.  That
DrRacket installation will not be able to evaluate anything after it
becomes broken, and I haven't found a way to fix it other than blowing away
the installation and reinstalling.

  -Ryan