[racket] running racket from the command line

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 21 04:30:26 EDT 2013

Matt, hello.

On 2013 Oct 21, at 08:59, Matthew Johnson <mcooganj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded the Racket binaries and installed them.

Ah, but where have you installed them?

> I have been able
> to fire up DrRacket, however given that i prefer vim i was hoping to run
> racket from the command line.
>
> I've tried
>
> $ racket  and $ which racket

I take it, then, that you're on a unix.  On OS X for example, the relevant bin/ directory is located in the same directory as DrRacket.app, and so that's the directory (.../Racket\ v5.3.6/bin) that has to be (explicitly) added to your path.  I don't know the layout of the various Linux distributions, but I imagine there's a broadly similar layout there.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk