[racket] Racket/Bootstrap used for K-12 government sanctioned education?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 7 18:39:26 EDT 2013

I've taught programming using Racket for several years as the Intro
course in a public high school. In most states, the powers-that-be
have so little awareness of, or concern about, high school computer
science that as long as you cover the general topics listed in the
course descriptions, you're fine regardless of the language you pick.
(Texas is a notable exception. The whole state education system is one
big top-down bureaucracy.)

Generally, once I had proved that I knew what I was doing, parents and
the school administration were willing to let me do what I thought
best. And now, like those diet programs on TV, I feel obligated to say
that "my results are not typical." But they're also not that atypical.