[racket] Racket + Vim

From: Eduardo Costa (edu500ac at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 17:58:34 EST 2013

I need a fast text editor, with outlines, and a fast lisp for performing
textual search with a bit of semantics. The programs have both Scheme and
Common Lisp versions. They are straightforward, in the sense that no
esoteric Lisp resources are used. Vanilla flavor Lisp.

The programs will be used by 40 or 50 people with little or no computer
experience. However, these people can use the console (they are quite good
at cp, rm, mkdir, etc.) and text editors, like Vim and Emacs.

I was thinking about Vim compiled with Racket. However, I failed to compile
Vim with Racket, and everybody else failed too. Here is what I did (and
everybody else followed suit):

./configure --enable-mzscheme

checking for mzscheme... /usr/local/bin/mzscheme
checking MzScheme install prefix... /home/rosa/racket
checking if scheme.h can be found in /home/rosa/racket/include... yes
checking for racket collects directory... /home/rosa/racket/
checking for mzscheme_base.c... needed
checking for ffi_type_void in -lffi... yes
checking if compile and link flags for MzScheme are sane... no: MZSCHEME
DISABLED

I searched the Internet for mzscheme_base.c to no avail. It seems that the
binding between Vim and mzscheme was developed by Serguey Khorev and
Matthew Flatt. I will appreciate feedback on what I am doing wrong.