[racket] How to make racket to show the call stack when get an exception?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 23 13:47:33 EST 2013

At Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:58:35 +0800, Yu Yang wrote:
> when racket get an exception, it will show an error message like this
> > procedure application: expected procedure, given: '(1 2 3) (no arguments)
> but this message seems too simple to figure out where the bug is. so I wan
> to know if there is any way to make racket show call stack, when it get an
> exception

In addition to the other questions, and if you're using plain Racket
instead of DrRacket: What version of Racket are you using and on which
platform?

There's sometimes a problem with Racket's default stack reporting in
v5.3.6 and earlier, especially on 64-bit platforms. Using a snapshot
from

 http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/
 http://plt.eecs.northwestern.edu/snapshots/

might help, in that case.