[racket] Learning Scribble

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 23 10:45:21 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Greg Hendershott <greghendershott at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Let me see if I can find time to review the current docs for Planet
> and the new package system, and see where more examples/tips -- or at
> least links to examples -- could go, and submit a PR.

My 2 cents: I think what is missing is a complete example as a tutorial,
like "You've written a module? Here is what to do, step by step, to
document it and make it a package. Here is the example module file, here is
the corresponding scribble file (with defproc, defform, defstruct(*),
itemlist, tabular, racket, racketblock, image, sections, title, emph and
bold, and all most used forms), and here is the result on-screen."
Then people don't need initially to fully grok the at-exp syntax or other
difficult parts, they can just copy/paste from the example when it's not
yet clear to them.

Laurent