[racket] obtaining the location of an identifier

From: Emina Torlak (emina at eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 12:35:35 EST 2013

I believe Robby's solution will work.  It's basically similar to what I had
in mind, but I was hoping I'd be able to avoid it :)

The crux of the issue is the need for unique identifiers for variable
locations.  I also track updates to vectors and structs, for example, and
this is easy precisely because I can use their identities to compute the
"location" of the update.  So, boxing values in "raw" variables will have
the same effect.

In terms of implementation, though, it'll be trickier.  As far as I can
tell, this approach involves whole-module analysis and transformation:

* Expand the module completely.
* Find all uses of set! and collect their targets.
* Rewrite the def and all uses of target variables to perform auto boxing
and unboxing.

If there are tricks/constructs that I should use for the above steps, I'd
love to hear them.   Or, of course, if there is some way to obtain variable
location identifiers from the runtime, that would be great to know as well.

Emina