[racket] Best way to propose changes to Scribble CSS files

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Nov 14 09:32:59 EST 2013

11 hours ago, Matthew Butterick wrote:
> + TOC bar goes away on narrow windows, yielding a one-column layout

+18000 for that!

Otherwise, I have some comments that were already said, but one weird
thing that I noticed is that zooming has some strange behaviors.  For
example, when I from chrome's minimum (25%) to its maximum (500%) this
is what I see:

* 25% -> 33%: the text size doesn't change, but the margins become
  wider

* 100% -> 110%: again, the text size doesn't change, only a tiny bit
  wider

* 110% -> 125%: yet again, but now it's just a few pixels wider

* 125% -> 150%: the TOC goes away (not weird, but I like it so much
  it's worth a mention...)

* 150% -> 175%: no change at all??

* 175% -> 200%: the text becomes a little smaller!

* 300% -> 400%: the navigation links on the top don't have enough
  space, and go over each other and over the search box in a weird
  way.

I can vaguely see the reasons of some of these weirdnesses: it happens
once when the text is just about to become too wide if it was zoomed,
and instead the width grows, and that happens once with the normal
layout and again with the no-toc layout.