[racket] Newbie question about local

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 22:26:33 EST 2013

> local is a teaching construct that ensures that the semantics of locally defined functions is 100% in sync with 'globally' defined functions. An experienced programmer may ignore local completely.

I remember that when I was first learning Racket, `local` was a red
herring for me. It was in the docs so I felt it was something more I
needed to learn, but struggled for awhile to figure out what it
brought to the party.

Maybe it's already less prominent in the docs these days (it was long
enough ago that I don't remember the prominence back then). The only
thing I could really find now was:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/local.html

I wonder if something like what you wrote above, could be added there?
"Note: This is a teaching construct you won't use as an experienced
Racket programmer."

(Not to make a mountain out of a molehill. Just want to share my
learning experience, while I still can remember it.)

Posted on the users mailing list.