[racket] net/websocket and rfc6455

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 13 18:13:06 EST 2013

On 11/13/2013 05:19 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> Are you proposing to replace the `net/websockets` code, or provide it
> alongside the existing code?

Proposing to replace it. The API of the replacement *should* be a strict
superset, a drop-in replacement that supports both modern and slightly
out-of-date browsers.

The main source of potential incompatibility is in the structure of the
dispatchers: if people have combined a net/websocket dispatcher with
some other kind of web-server dispatcher, it might require slight
tweaking to work with the new library. Or it might not. Hopefully people
will speak up on how they're using net/websocket :)

> Either way, a pull request is probably the best way.

OK. I'll wait a while to hear from existing users, if there are any, and
then incorporate feedback and make a pull request.

Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.