[racket] net/websocket and rfc6455

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 13 16:48:01 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've recently been working on a package, rfc6455, that implements both
the WebSockets RFC 6455 standard and the earlier hybi-00 draft standard.

Racket's built-in library, net/websocket, implements just the earlier
hybi-00 variant. (And, in fact, I've incorporated its implementation
into the rfc6455 package.)

I'd like to explore the idea of updating the built-in collection with my
new implementation. I've tried to make the API as compatible as possible
-- it should be a strict superset, but as some refactoring has happened,
it's hard to tell whether I've achieved my goal :-)

I'd like to hear from anyone using net/websocket to see if the rfc6455
package meets their needs and could work for them as a drop-in replacement.

Please reply (or email me directly) if you use net/websocket and would
like to try rfc6455 as a replacement, or if you would like to suggest
any improvements or fixes to the API.

Separately, what kind of process is applicable to getting something like
this moved into the core?

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.