[racket] An elm-like racket language?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 13 01:31:10 EST 2013

I think the core stuff will continue to work fine; I imagine the GUI
bindings have ossified by now.

You may actually find it useful to look at some of the examples on the
Flapjax site (www.flapjax-lang.org). There, we were actively trying to
convey an idea to a community that thought didn't think that way.
FrTime was written for Schemers, the first cousins of functional
programmers, so we didn't think we needed to explain much. (Though
there are still some interesting demos in the distro.)

The one thing I wish we'd done was figured out a really, really clean
way to have just a part of the program be reactive, and the rest of it
be normal. We talked about this, and at some point Greg even
implemented a macro that let you "inject reactivity" into an
expression (so to speak). I don't know it's status. It's a question
I'm starting to reopen in my head in Pyret.

Shriram