[racket] Resources for understanding Racket’s language model?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 5 09:41:20 EST 2013

Ben, on the first site you can find my papers dating back to the time
when I discovered prompt and functional continuations. The papers --
especially those with Dorai's name on them -- contain some examples
on how to use them and what for but they mostly focus on 'design
theory'.

If you are interested in implementation, Matthew's paper is critical.
Yes, it looks like it is theory but the executable theory is really used
to implement/double-check the concepts.

If you want examples on how to use delimited continuations, I recommend
a walk through the literature on programming with processes vs events,
but starting from the Mach 4 papers. The latter re-discover my original
('84) motivation for inventing prompts (OS-level concepts), which ironically
I had suppressed from the POPL ('88) paper. The series ends with a Haskell
paper that presents a monad for bridging the gap between the two styles.
(Not Racket language model per se but it's not clear what you're really
interested in.)

-- Matthias