[racket] Planet2 questions

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 2 10:01:02 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> [Jay will have to correct me if I have any part of this wrong...]

Nope, it was beautiful.

> At Thu, 2 May 2013 11:31:09 +0200, Laurent wrote:
> As an aside, the `raco pkg update' action is not restricted to packages
> installed by package name; it also works with GutHub sources. If you
> install via
>
>  raco pkg install github://github.com/U/X/master
>
> then `raco pkg update' fetches the HEAD commit from GitHub. Again, that
> install or update doesn't interact with the catalog. But it doesn't also
> help if the repository's HEAD commit is buggy.

One little note, the part of this URL 'master' can refer to any branch
or tag. You could ask the developers to create a tag/branch for the
correct commit. Or you could fork their repository and then revert the
offending commit yourself (or create a tag, etc.) That's yet another
solution to the problem.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>