[racket] DRRacket right-click menu fragility in Linux.

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 1 09:09:31 EDT 2013

Random thought question, other then "just work", is there any disadvantage
in how custom keybindings work in DrR in extracting all keybindings out
from DrR code into a dedicated default keybindings.rkt?  Then a user
installed keybindings.rkt inherits and overrides from the default or just
modifies the default directly?

FWIW, a super feature that I use in emacs when typing in code is "dynamic
expansion".  One types the first few prefix chars of a token and 'alt-/'
and it completes the word by back searching for the first matching token in
the source file. 'alt-/' again, and it searchs back for the next match.
Its mindless string pattern matching in the source file.  No expansion  or
AST semantic parsing is necessary or done.  Mindless yet very effective in
key stroke/typo reduction.  I probably miss this more in DrRacket than any
other emacs basic editing feature.

Posted on the users mailing list.