[racket] Question on networking

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 07:52:57 EDT 2013

At the most basic level, web-server/insta can't be used for a server
because (a) the port is non-deterministically chosen, so it isn't
reliable as a server and (b) it calls the TCP listening creation call
such that it only listens to localhost. When you use serve/servlet
instead, you can set the port to something particular and you can set
the listening to listen to all IPs.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>