[racket] doc request for serve/servlet

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Mar 22 00:55:10 EDT 2013

The serve/servlet function has several flags that allude to the ability to serve static files (#:extra-files-paths, etc.). However, nowhere in that documentation does it say under what circumstances the web-server serves content from that pool of files.  After much struggling and cursing, I finally found a post by Matt Jadud.  Even then, it took me quite a while to realize that the 'dispatch-rules' function was the key to actually allowing some requests to reach the static content. Perhaps the serve/servlet documentation should explicitly specify when content is served from static files, or at least provide a pointer to the dispatch-rules documentation.

Thoughts?

John

Posted on the users mailing list.