[racket] Help generating PDF documents with Scribble

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 14 17:14:47 EDT 2013

On 03/14/2013 04:52 PM, George Rudolph wrote:
> Thank you for the answers below.
> I have four follow-up questions to the answers below:
>
> 1. it appears to me that scribble/base does not support a section* command.
> I found on github a file named "unnumbered.rkt", which looks it defines a section* command.
> Is this what is meant by
>   "[*] It is possible that the supported unnumbered style is only in the git head of scribble."
> in answer to question 1 below?

You can use the 'unnumbered style with the section function. In
scribble, it would look like this:

@section[#:style 'unnumbered]{... the section name ...}

I always have trouble finding the documentation on styles in Scribble.
In this case, start with the docs for 'section'. It says "like 'title'",
so jump to the docs for 'title'. In the discussion on styles (2nd
paragraph), it says to see the docs for 'part' (the structure that
represents sections). The styles that apply to sections are explained there.

I don't have answers for any of the other questions.

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.