[racket] thanks on behalf of a few thousand students

From: Dan Grossman (djg at cs.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 7 17:30:06 EST 2013

Possibly, though your guess is perhaps as good as mine.  By the time we
started using Racket, I would say around 5000 students were participating
in some way without about half turning in the homework.  But prior to that
there was some level of interest in the course (meaning "clicked on a web
page somewhere") from 30,000-75,000 people depending how you count.  And
surely many of them thought, "SML, Racket, and Ruby... hmm, I've heard of
one of those before".

I'm actually surprised nobody found this user's list and tried to ask
questions about the homework. :)

--Dan