[racket] File name case when saving in Win 7

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Sat Mar 2 00:59:06 EST 2013

> It's likely that DrRacket is normalizing the file paths based on the
> case sensitivity (or insensitivity), using normal-case-path:
>
>     http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/Manipulating_Paths.html#%28def._%28%28lib._racket%2Fprivate%2Fmisc..rkt%29._normal-case-path%29%29
>

> I haven't done a grep through the DrRacket source tree to confirm this
> conjecture though.

Ok, I think I've found it: the DrRacket 'framework' library, which
provides the helper functions used by DrRacket, has a function called
put-file which it uses to get filenames.

http://docs.racket-lang.org/gui/Windowing_Functions.html#%28def._%28%28lib._mred%2Fmain..rkt%29._put-file%29%29

In "framework", the implementation does use normal-case-path in its
implementation for put-file:

    http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/blob/HEAD:/collects/framework/private/finder.rkt#l50

So yeah, I'm a lot more confident now in saying that this explains the
behavior you're seeing.  :)

Posted on the users mailing list.