[racket] Code Reuse, Object Oriented vs Functional

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 14:57:21 EDT 2013

Whoa! I had no idea that Shriram and the rest of the Rice group were
the impetus for the distillation/clarification and naming of "The
Expression Problem." I'm continually amazed that I've had a chance to
interact with people who've had such a fundamental impact on the
field. And because I came to know them through HtDP, the awe I feel
about their pedagogical acumen is just reinforced every time I hear
about one of these connections.

To wit, a former student was interviewing with Asana, one of the hot
Silicon Valley start-ups. When I asked what was interesting about what
they do, he pointed me toward FlapJax, and I was able to say, "Yeah,
one of the co-authors also co-wrote that Intro to Programming textbook
you went through nine years ago."

Todd