[racket] Style or and/define

From: Sean McBeth (sean.mcbeth at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 13:11:26 EDT 2013

Okay, there is one difference between our examples, in that yours will
short-circuit and mine won't. However, if that is not a concern and you're
looking more for readability, you could even use local define

(define (get-x-spot char-width)
  (define dc (and char-width (get-dc)))
  (define style (and dc (or (send (get-style-list) find-named-style
"Standard")
                            (send (get-style-list) find-named-style
"Basic"))))
  (define fnt (and style (send style get-font)))
  (when fnt
    (define-values (xw _1 _2 _3) (send dc get-text-extent "x" fnt))
    (+ left-padding (* xw char-width))))