[racket] racket library for minecraft pi edition

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 11 10:45:12 EDT 2013

At Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:01:47 -0500,
grant centauri wrote:
> my question is mainly about creating a data structure to represent the
> whole 128x128x128 world, and then sending the "get-block" command to the
> Minecraft server for every coordinate, and retrieving all of the integers.
> is this feasable?

Sounds like the `math/array' library may be what you want:
  http://doc.racket-lang.org/math/array.html

Non-strict arrays would probably be most appropriate, since they only
compute element values (which, in your case, involves communicating with
the server) when that element is accessed.
  http://doc.racket-lang.org/math/array_nonstrict.html

As Sean said, you'll probably also want to batch communication as much
as possible. I'm not familiar with the Minecraft API, so I don't know
what the best way to do it would be.

Also, you may want to have a look at this library, which seems to have a
similar goal to yours:
  https://github.com/tonyg/racket-minecraft

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.