[racket] parse-tools / lexer behavior

From: David Weinstein (dweinst at insitusec.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 17:21:57 EDT 2013

If I decided to go with the multiple lexers route to basically change
"modes" while I'm in the context of parenthesis... how would one do this?
Should I create an action like

(define parameter-lexer
  (lexer
   [(eof) 'EOF]
   [(:or "V" "Z" "B" "S" "C" "I" "J" "F" "D") (token-SIMPLE_TYPE lexeme)]
   [className (token-CLASS_NAME lexeme)]))

And
(define node-lexer
  (lexer
   [(eof) 'EOF]
   [".method" 'dirMethod]
   ["(" `(OP ,(parameter-lexer input-port))]
   [")" 'CP]
   ...))

This would seem to create some artificial hierarchy that the parser would
have to understand (a list within the existing list for example?)? Should I
flatten afterwards to get rid of that?

Would love to see a concrete example of multiple lexers in action if
someone has it.

Thanks much!

David