[racket] Redex question: parameterizing a language definition

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 4 22:54:26 EDT 2013

Oh: one other gotcha to watch out for. When Racket compiles a file to .zo,
it discards source location information in syntax object templates. This
means that these trick also won't work in that case. It is possible to
preserve this syntax location information.

... long story short: various things in our macro infrastructure do not
combine well with Redex's style of typesetting (specifically the
source-location using aspect of it). At least you can avoid this one by
just not compiling your files.

(Unfortunately this means that writing this up in the docs as an example
gets pretty complex.)

Robby