[racket] Error summary in `raco setup` makes me think it's broken

From: Tim Brown (tim.brown at cityc.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 25 11:03:47 EDT 2013

Folks,

I've just run a make install, and at the end of `raco setup`, I received
a scary looking error message about the contract-profiler, and `raco setup`
ended.

After a chat with stamourv, we determined that the error message was
generated much earlier in the install process.

The following was on my terminal at the end of the build:

raco setup: --- post-installing collections ---
raco setup: post-installing: help
raco setup: post-installing: mred
raco setup: post-installing: mzcom
raco setup: post-installing: mzscheme
raco setup: post-installing: racket/gui
raco setup:
raco setup: error: during making for contract-profile
raco setup:   main.rkt:5:18: only-in: identifier
`contract-continuation-mark-key' not included in nested require spec
raco setup:     at: racket/contract/private/guts
raco setup:     in: (only-in racket/contract/private/guts
contract-continuation-mark-key)
raco setup:     context...:
raco setup:      /usr/lib/racket/collects/racket/private/reqprov.rkt:375:5
raco setup:      [...snip..]
raco setup:
make[1]: *** [install-3m] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/home/tim/Applications/plt-129c5ed/src'
make: *** [install] Error 2

The way that I read the message was:
    * during "post-installing collections", an error occured "during making
      for contract-profile".
    * make broke at that point
    * therefore `make install` (which invoked the `raco setup`) broke at
      that point

Can I suggest putting a title line before the summary. Something along the
lines of:

raco setup: post-installing: racket/gui
raco setup:
raco setup: ERROR SUMMARY:
raco setup: error: during making for contract-profile

It'll stop me (at least) from thinking that it has all gone horribly wrong.

Tim

--
Tim Brown <tim.brown at cityc.co.uk>  | City Computing Limited            |
T: +44 20 8770 2110                | City House, Sutton Park Road      |