[racket] typed/file/md5 not declared as expected

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 11:45:11 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Tim K. <tk at crono.co.uk> wrote:

> This has worked in plain old Racket and also with my import. Not really
> a surprise though because the definition in typed/file/md5 on my system
> is:
>
> (require/typed file/md5
>                [md5 ((U Bytes Input-Port) -> Bytes)])
>
> What happened to 'binary? Where's the String parameter?
> Is this a bug (and if so, is this even the place to report it?) or is
> there some special reason why the other options are not there (for
> example because my import is just wrong for some cases that I don't
> cover)? I'm using Racket version 5.3.4 by the way.

This is just a bug -- potentially the additional options were added
after `typed/file/md5` was written, or whoever wrote it (me probably)
didn't do a thorough job. I'll try to fix it soon, but you could also
submit a pull request on GitHub yourself to fix it.

Thanks for letting us know,
Sam

Posted on the users mailing list.