[racket] PLT-Redex modeling side effects and thread?

From: Monica Tomson (monica.tomson at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 14:37:15 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am not sure whether it is the right place to ask the questions, but I
didn't find the PLT-Redex mailing list or something like that:

My questions are (quoted from stack overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17642316/can-plt-redex-model-these-features
)

Just starting to learn PLT-Redex... Two questions come up:

   1. Can we use PLT-Redex to model side effects? For example: simple
   increment construct i++?
   2. What about thread? All the constructs introduced so far does not
   involve something like creating an thread? synchronization of the thread?
   is it doable in PLT-Redex (syntax as well as reduction rule?

Thanks in advance,

--Monica