[racket] confusing behaviour of managed-compile-zo

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 12:15:48 EST 2013

When compiling with managed-compile-zo, manager-compile-notify-handler and
manager-trace-handler, I see that parts of the racket directory are
(re)compiled, for example:

TRACE: compiling: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Racket-Full-5.3.1.10\collects\racket\private\small-scheme.rkt

Thìs even happens again when compiling again without modifying anything. Is
this expected behaviour?

I do this with Window 7 Home Premium. Another odd thing is that sometimes
after installing new nightly build, DrRacket does not have all required
permissions in its collects directory. I sometimes have to grant these
permissions via the properties of the directory.

Thanks Jos.

PS
I compile from DrRacket with the following:

#lang racket
(require compiler/cm)
(manager-compile-notify-handler (λ (str) (printf "NOTIFY: ~a~n~n" str)))
(manager-trace-handler (λ (str) (printf "TRACE: ~a~n~n" str)))
(managed-compile-zo "my-program.rkt")
(managed-compile-zo "my-other-program.rkt")
etc.