[racket] In universe, what does this mean?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 9 17:44:52 EST 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Marco Morazan wrote:

> When using universe I encountered the following error:
>
>         World to remove for mail list not found
>
> What does this mean?

I don't know. I have grepped thru the implementation of universe/world and the word 'remove' does not show up. When you try to send mail to a world that has been removed your console will display an error of this format:

 SomeWorld not on list

But you don't seem to be doing this.

> I can trace to:
>
> (make-bundle (make-univ empty INIT-WORLD) empty (univ-worlds u))
>
> univ is a structure that contains a list of iworlds and a structure
> called world.
>
> In essence, I am trying to disconnect all worlds from the
> server/universe when a game ends. It was my understanding this should
> result in the server restarting. Instead, the server disappears with
> the above error is reported.

This was a bug. In essence, there was a path to disconnect a world w/o looking checking for emptiness.

I will commit a fix after I re-run the world-universe tests.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.