[racket] More on K-URL question

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 7 14:33:59 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM, J G Cho <gcho at fundingmatters.com> wrote:
> I think the previously asked behavior has nothing to do with stateful
> vs stateless.
>
> I've been trying to compose different 'apps' together under one
> web-server. /xapps/A, /xapps/B, etc.
>
> I am just realizing that if I happened to use /xapps/B;((
> ...k-url...)) first then later K-URLs start with /xapps/B; despite the
> fact that I am causing K-URLs under /xapps/A.
>
> It seems that I have to run multiple instances of webserver and do
> something like
>
> /A reverse proxy to localhost:8080/A
> /B reverse proxy to localhost:8081/B
>

> Am I missing something?

That's not necessary. If you want the URLs to be tied to A or B then
you need to go to that URL rather than calling a function. FWIW, what
difference does the URL make to you?

> PS: I guess the fundamental question is, how to design web-apps that
> have many unrelated tasks running under the one instance?

I'd use dispatch-rules to map different parent paths to different
functions that entered servlets.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>