[racket] Detecting application-wide keyboard presses (without open frame or dialog)

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Sun Jan 6 12:11:52 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

Is there a cross-platform way to detect a keyboard press, including
command keys, without opening any frame? Something like get-key-press
from the graphics legacy library but without viewport?

I'd need this for detecting a key combination before the application's
main frame opens in order to reset the window to it's default state.
In my application windows remember their position and settings but the
user should be able to revert these settings to their defaults by
pressing a combination like shift-meta when launching the application.

Best,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.