[racket] Symlinking Racket programs

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 00:49:56 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 06:40:23PM -0600, Brian Mastenbrook wrote:
> What is the expected behavior of module resolution when symlinking a
> Racket program, particularly one executed as a script using a shebang

I think Racket is doing the right thing here.  If it did what you seem
to be expecting, then a working setup would break when replacing a
non-symlinked file with a symlink to a file with the same contents in
another directory.  I don't think Racket should be trying to defeat the
abstraction mechanism that symlinks provide.

I'd like to offer an alternative solution for you but I'm not sure I
understand your requirements exactly.  Can't you just use a shell
script?  Something like:

#!/bin/sh
exec racket /path/to/foo/foo.rkt "$@"

David