[racket] Rosetta Code

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 22 13:25:20 EST 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:02 PM, Norman Gray wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> On 2013 Feb 20, at 12:50, Tim Brown wrote:
>
>> So I'm going to have a crack at some tasks label them as "racket", and
>> see if I'm brought to the Village Socks. I'm just making sure nobody here
>> will come armed with tomatoes :-)
>
> I've just changed the category page <http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Racket> to say that "Racket (at one time called PLT Scheme) is a language in the Scheme family", so we'll see what sort of fight that starts.

Thanks for taking the initiative. I think this is the wrong phrase, however. We tend to say we're a member of the LISP and Scheme family of languages, and in this day and age, we should say that Racket, like Clojure, is an independent member of the Lisp and Scheme family of languages.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.