[racket] New turtle graphics package + a few questions

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 06:00:24 EST 2013

I've written an interactive turtle graphics package, complete with
animated turtle imagery, aimed at Dr Racket using parents with
elementary-school aged kids.

It's available on github: https://github.com/danprager/turtlegraphics

Online docs and
tutorial<http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://github.com/danprager/turtlegraphics/blob/master/turtle-graphics.html>
.

I'd appreciate tips in a couple of areas:

1. Code organization:

At the moment everything is dumped in one directory.  My problem is that
when I put -- for example -- an example in an /examples subdirectory and
(require "../turtle-graphics.rkt") the line

(define *turtle-image* (read-bitmap "turtle.png"))

in turtle-graphics.rkt treats the subdirectory as the current directory
rather than the parent directory, giving a file not found directory.

2. How do I turn an image built up from (empty-scene ...) into a bitmap% ?
 I want to use (write-animated-gif ...) to make a few animated gifs to
spruce up my documentation.

Finally, is this the kind of thing that would be worth putting up on PLaneT
straight-away, or better to mature it a bit on github?

Thanks

Dan