[racket] "file dependency: ..." log messages with PLTSTDERR=info

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 12 13:56:45 EST 2013

Hi all,

I run racket with PLTSTDERR=info most of the time, because many of my
programs emit diagnostics at that level useful during development and
integration. Recently (since, I think, November or December) I've
started seeing log messages like these:

file dependency:
#<path:/usr/local/Racket/collects/syntax/parse/private/runtime-report.rkt>
file dependency:
#<path:/usr/local/Racket/collects/racket/match/gen-match.rkt>
file dependency: #<path:/usr/local/Racket/collects/racket/match/parse.rkt>

It appears that it's due to a change in the compilation manager. Looking
at the logic of the code, it seems like these messages should be being
filtered out and not ending up in the main logger - and indeed until
recently I certainly wasn't seeing them.

They're a minor annoyance - could/should something be changed in cm to
filter them out of the main logger stream?

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.