[racket] Finding files

From: John Sampson (jrs.idx at ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Feb 1 04:26:38 EST 2013

Many thanks. I can give "(go)" in the interactions window and it works.

But to load serve.rkt I had to navigate to its folder.

I have not been able to find a succinct description how to cope with the
Windows directory
system to make Racket find user-created files, either to run them as
programs or open them
as data sources or destinations. Perhaps there is a particular directory
where they have to be
for Racket to find them, and this can be set as a default in some way
(environment variable
or whatever).

Regards

John Sampson

On 31/01/2013 22:33, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> There are images in the conversation as i make guesses but I will paste it
>> from DrRacket's
>> interactions window to here (serve.rkt is in a directory "C:\indexing" which
>> is in the PATH environment
>> variable):
>
> Ah, wonderful!  This helps enormously.
>
> Ok, so I see that you're on Windows, and that you're doing these
> interactions through DrRacket.
>
> Note that the Systems Guide is done in the perspective of someone
> who'se _not_ in DrRacket, so some of the confusion is due to that.  In
> your case, I would _strongly_ recommend ignoring the guide's request
> to use enter!, xrepl, readline, etc.
>
> Instead, just open serve.rkt in DrRacket, and Run it.
>
> As you modify serve.rkt, just Run the program again when the guide
> prompts you to use enter!
>
> For example, when the systems guide says something like:
>
>      > (enter! "serve.rkt")
>       [re-loading serve.rkt]
>      > (serve 8080)
>
> at this point, press the Run button in DrRacket, and then execute the
> following command in the Interactions window:
>
>      (serve 8080)
>

> Let us know if this helps.

Posted on the users mailing list.