[racket] raco pkg new (was: Learning Scribble)

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 09:45:10 EST 2013

I didn't respond to this thread originally because I believe that
Racket is generally "anti-stubbing". The concept of a "racket project"
basically doesn't exist, because everything is supposed to be "inside"
the language. For instance, if you want to create a module with tests,
then you just create a file named m.rkt and put in

#lang racket/base
(module+ test (require rackunit))

and you're done. There's nothing more that you would want to do.

You can write documentation inline too, but admittedly you have to
create a info.rkt and at least one scrbl file.

As far as the "boring stuff" of creating a package... the package
system is designed so that that is just "mkdir pkg-name". You don't
need to do anything else. Even if you want to distribute the package,
you just need to make sure the directory is online somewhere. As you
get more sophisticated as a developer you could do "git init", but
it's supposed to be incremental and a low barrier.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay