[racket] Prabhalar Ragde's code

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Dec 6 12:48:21 EST 2013

On Dec 6, 2013, at 9:15 AM, Michael Jensen wrote:

> hello..
>
> I've tried implementing the code found here: (pg 45)
>
> http://con.racket-lang.org/2011/pr-slides.pdf
>
> and it gives me this:
>
> open-input-file: cannot open input file
>   path: /home/mikethe1wheelnut/Desktop/racket/math-utilities.rkt
>   system error: No such file or directory; errno=2

Yes, that code definitely has a dependency on an outside file called "math-utilities.rkt".

> I've also looked at this:
>
> https://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
>
> but can't figure out how to use it.  seems to me the code above is an example.

I would say instead that this code defines some functions that you have to then use.  I dug around a little, and wrote a tiny example file. Here it is:

#lang scribble/manual

@(require "pr-math.rkt")

@setup-math

@title{A Scribble File that uses TeX}

@author{John Clements}

@section{Awesome Math Equations!}

Here's a simple equation, from Jens Soegaard's documentation:
@math-in{a*M^{z+2} + b_4*N}.

When I put this in the same directory as "pr-math.rkt", and click the "Scribble HTML" button, I get docs that look like this:

Please note that my docs look super-awesome because the new (not-yet-released) version of DrRacket uses Matthew Butterick's CSS.

John